Access in 1st year M1
The admission to the first year is reserved for candidates who have at least a Bachelor's degree from a business school or equivalent, or valid professional experience in the business area (subject to validation by the Admissions Committee), or 180 ECTS credits in an undergraduate cycle. The required degree (Bac + 3) must be validated before program entry in October.
Parallel Access in 2nd year M2
Admission in the 2nd year is reserved for candidates with a Bac + 4 level (M1, BA (Honours). The validation of the Bac + 4 must be verified and provided before program integration in September.
Admission in dual competence is reserved for candidates with a Bac + 5 level (Master, Engineer, Medicine, Legal, etc...). The validation of the Bac + 5 must be verified and provided before program integration in September.
High Level, Professional
For general or specialized programmes or validated professional experience, the student’s dossier will be requested from the pedagogical advisor. The master’s student wishes to pursue a career as a director, regardless of the sector of activity, in a specific job. This job corresponds to the specialization of the MBA / Manager.
At this high level of study, it is essential that each student can:
• Address issues with analytical and policy-based approaches
• Process data
• Diagnose situations
• Put recommendations in place
• Know and practice techniques for implementing recommendations
The MBA courses are thus made up of a "mix" of strategic, political and very technical subjects. Teachers, executives and company executives are responsible for transmitting modern management techniques, the immediate applicability of knowledge acquired during the programme, and effective know-how, punctuated by examples, testimonials and anecdotes from everyday life. The second part of each course between learners and trainers is also essential. Besides learning professional dialogue, it is important to help students develop a mindset in accordance with their professional area of development.
Importance of practical training based on business cases for MBA professional learning
The pedagogical methodology is based on:
• Faculty members with working professional experience in the business area
• Applied lessons corresponding to specialties
• Directed courses
• Mastery of management tools specific to the targeted profession
• Case studies, most often in real situations of application
Construction of the professional project
Return on experience
Company experience creates professional relationships that help students build a partnership network starting with the first work experience, creating a career foundation that facilitates the in-company training experience and his or her employability.
Work experience can add considerable acumen to a student's CV. By having direct exposure to the company´s operations and its activities, the students can expand their professional project and acquire experience from the field.
Development of the student's Manager / MBA skills
• The purpose of the Wesford University Geneva’s courses is not limited to course outcomes and knowledge, but rather to the enrichment of each student's portfolio of competencies.
• Competencies can only be acquired during real-life situations. In addition to the course provided by professionals (sharing of experiences, real-life examples and professional anecdotes, real case studies, etc.), company missions are indispensable in the development of skills, and the attainment of knowledge related to the cross-functional operations of the services performed by an enterprise.
• Moreover, in the classroom, the other students work in different companies, on a variety of missions and in complementary contexts. The sharing of these experiences is a strong element of the professional dynamism of the student’s advancement, while contributing to the ability of each student to flourish in the program.
Opportunities and trades prepared:
The skills and experience gained ensure an immediate and progressive integration of graduates into positions like the following:
• Director of Human Resources
• Staff Director
• Hiring Coordinator
• Director of Training and Development
• Human Resources Consultant
• Teacher / Trainer